Artemov Igor' Iosifovich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, vice-rector for research and innovative activities, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chufistov Evgeniy Alekseevich, Candidate of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of transport machines, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Chufistov Oleg Evgen'evich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, sub-department of machine-building technology, Penza State Technological University (1a/11 Baydukova lane/Gagarina street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Main failure in W mechanisms of planetary-pin gearing is fatigue destruction of output shaft pins. Therefore, forces and tensions are most important values used in design calculations of these mechanisms. Conducted researches have found that they are influenced by various factors, and, above all, manufacturing accuracy and itself loading of mechanism. Due to structural and geometric nonlinearity W mechanisms detect sensitivity to structural changes in contact areas with increasing load, which determines nature of load distribution in contact pairs and tensions arising in cross sections of pins. These phenomena are insufficiently studied. The purpose of the work is to increase accuracy of calculation of W mechanism on basis of revealing its actual loading.
Materials and methods. Studies are based on main provisions of statics and methods of calculation of strength and stiffness of mechanical systems. MathCad package was used for computer simulation.
Results. Significant influence of manufacturing accuracy of W mechanism on its torsional stiffness is revealed. Nature of changes in load on contact pairs and cycles of tensions changes arising in cross sections of pins of W mechanism during work of the planetary-pin gearing is established.
Conclusions. Manufactirung inaccuracies of W mechanism must be taken into account in design of planetary-pin gearings, which have high requirements for stiffness. A changing structure of contact zones in the mechanism leads to change in dependence of forces in contact from angular position of the mechanism’s output shaft. Maximum tensions, which should be taken into account when calculating strength of W mechanism’s pins, varies in zero-to-tension stress cycle.
planetary-pin gearings, W mechanism, clearances, forces in contact, tensions in cross sections
1. Artemov I. I., Chufistov E. A., Lipov A. V., Chufistov O. E., Bol'shakov G. S., Noskov K. A. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Tekhnicheskie nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Engineering sciences]. 2018, no. 3 (47), pp. 124–139. [In Russian]
2. Kudryavtsev V. N. Planetarnye peredachi [Planetary gear]. Moscow; Leningrad: Mashinostroenie, 1966, 308 p. [In Russian]
3. Yudin V. A., Lobastov V. K. Teoriya peredach v mashinakh [The theory of gears in machines]. Moscow: Nauka, 1971, pp. 83–95. [In Russian]
4. Artemov I. I. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Tekhnicheskie nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Engineering sciences]. 2019, no. 1 (49), pp. 79–90. [In Russian]
5. Chufistov E. A., Rodikov A. V., Gureev E. A., Gusenkov E. V. Problemy issledovaniya i proektirovaniya mashin: sb. st. VI Mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. konf. [Problems of research and design of machines: proceedings of VI International scientific and technical conference]. Penza: PDZ, 2011, pp. 94–96. [In Russian]
6. Chufistov E. A., Rodikov A. V., Ganiev I. R., Mel'nikov P. A. Problemy issledovaniya i proektirovaniya mashin: sb. st. V Mezhdunar. nauch.-tekhn. konf. [Problems of research and design of machines: proceedings of V International scientific and technical conference]. Penza: Izd-vo PDZ, 2009, pp. 51–56. [In Russian]